Thursday, July 26, 2012

So much to do today....I wonder which direction i will

The corner of Rue Rambueteau and Rue Archives has become one of my favorite spots...for daytime anyway....Comptoir has breakfast all day and Le chinon across the street has a great wine selection for  cheap....& at Comptoir I can get a glass of mumm for 8e....not bad I think.....and from here I can walk down past the pompidou stroll through the squares and tourist watch, then across sebastibule take a peek at les Halles under construction right now but there still is a nice big square and fountain...then back down one of the saints and all its cheap shops selling tuns of tourist crap...maybe stop for a demi, there are a lot of touristy bars there, but the eagle was a good spot until it closed.... now is a good time to pick up a Velib... Paris is such a great city to ride a bike in, so flat and no crazy rules like in SF....orderly chaos on the sidewalks...also tons of people on crutches....
So next, maybe to the hotel de ville...during the summer there are all sorts of things going on there....soon they will have a big screen showing the Olympics...it is a good square to stop and sip a beer for a moment... then to the river sain, they recently shipped in tons of sand and made beaches on the streets at the banks of the river...it is OK to sit for a moment but more of a great place to park your kids if you had some.....
I choose to keep going....but in what direction, across to the Notre Dam on my way to the left bank, possibly Luxemburg jardin...or north towards the Louvre and tuillieres....I do feel more comfortable in the Latin quarter,  but the people watching is not as fun...I tend to go to tulieries...it is so beautiful...
Maybe pick up a pastrie on the way...or a torte if i am really hungry....by then it will be in the evening, still hours until the sun sets,  hours until a proper dinner can be had....hours to spend in the sun people watching and reading my book.....

No comments: