Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Crazy....it is perspective....

Oh Paris.....it is another wonderful sunny day here.....for being as big as it is and with so much traffic the smog is not that bad....the river valley breeze keeps the air somewhat fresh...there is always a faint haze in the horizon, but I definitely have seen worse....
Today I got up late as usual, funny that noon is late for me now.....used to be a perfect hour for me to wake....at this time Paris is getting ready for it's lunch hour...I would love to go down to my corner spot and order a espresso, croissant, and an OJ,  the standard French breakfast... sitting outside enjoying the view and planning my day....but custom does not allow that here....it is lunch time and only lunch is served...I could get the coffee and probably the OJ if I stand at the bar, the tables are reserved for lunches....understandably so, they need to make their money....I think my sever would have an aneurysm while rolling his eyes if I tried to order the croissant...
Customs, rules,  maintaining a status quo...things I never have been able to agree with...not that I want to force my way on anyone else,  but it is the closed mindedness of others that bothers me..... I do believe you should learn and fallow local customs, up until they are ridiculous and outdated....
So I may be different,  that is no reason to be rude or refuse me service.....but that is what you get in Paris....fallow the rules or go somewhere else....
After some time here I have found the places I am welcomed at, friendly faces and kind service.... I can get what I want at the time I want it,  without the gasp and roll of the eyes....and I can sit and enjoy my cafe and people watch...such a good day for it today.....this is one French custom I really enjoy....

No comments: