Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Don't you have a cabbie? - just me again...

Saturday night Maria and I went out for drinks in the mission…It’s always fun hanging out with Maria…we somehow ended up at some bar with a strange lesbian friend of my exroomate – So it’s two and I call Fernando, my cabbie, to come pick us up…without fail Fernando shows up quick --- He is not only reliable but always a great conversation in the cab ---

So Sunday morning I was woken up by Jason’s phone alarm…but it reminded me to set mine for work…so I look for my phone and its gone…Fuck’n shit I know exactly what happened…I lost a few phones already this way…in the back of the cab…I was already getting my mind set on buying a new phone and trying to deal with losing all my numbers…So I call it just in case… answers “Hello is this Eddie’s friend?” I know exactly who it is “Fernando” I say with a huge sigh and smile…his accent is unmistakable…

So he offers to drop off the phone to me…I tell him I’ll be at Mecca working…he says he’ll drop it off there that night on his shift…now I don’t know Fernando very personally nor do I tip him very extravagantly…but he took care of my phone and went out of his way to bring it to me…he is a genuinely nice and special guy, I am happy to know him…So if you ever need a cab I know one that you’ll be very glad too call…

No comments: