Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I HAVE AN ANSWER JUST NOT YOURS

11 am I cant sleep – I love how your late 20’s make you feel like your getting so old – like life is coming to an end at 30 --- like life has some magic last call when your 20’s end and the lights come on and someone is screaming “LAST CALL TIME TO GO HOME!!” – time to be an adult and act like your folks did, or as “normal” old folks did anyway –

I have no idea what path of life is acceptable or required or expected – I know that each and everyone of us has a unique way to live out life – as we go along this walk of life we sometimes experience similar things – for me turning thirty has become very liberating – I can now look back at something and say “that’s over now, been there done that time to move on” – but not like you’d expect – my moving on is just being able to make new mistakes with new excuses – I cant use the “well I’m young and have time excuse” as much anymore – instead it’s the “this is SF and 30 is young here” – and so on –

Life is always fun no matter what age your at – like this guy who came in the bar Sunday – he’s a New Yorker who comes to SF 3 or 4 times a year – I met him the first week I started the job --- he’s a unique fella – he’s sorta famous I guess but I don’t really know cuz I don’t fallow entertainment shit enough but he’s a columnist or something I think he said he’s been on those VH1 list things –

-- anyway he’s in his forty’s classic New York Jewish Gay -- he wears plastic rimmed glasses like I used to have – he has a quirky look to him and his smile – anyway – he’s alone at the bar eating so I chat him up and he tells me he’s on the phone having a text chat with his friend in NY - - he says he just told his friend he got his nipple pierced with a sly smile – this guy is very clean cut looking in a way that he has nothing pierced no tattoos very Jewish boy looking – well until earlier that day that is –

He said it took him 5 years of thinking about it to do it – it was a very exciting thing for him – I loved it – he didn’t know how long he’ll keep it or how he feels about it yet – we joked about what kind of jewelry he should get like maybe a fishing hook to catch young studs – I forgot my point…anyway…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rrrrrrrrr. I so love your train of thought in this blog entry. Your thoughts are hot and this picture....It's absolutely amazing. I love your face in this photo. I saved it. I have new material for later on. With everything I read in your blogs it just makes it that much more....
XOXOXOXOXOXO's
~B