Friday, January 19, 2007

happy new year its 1985!!!

and I'm 8yrs old in bed watching Dick clark on the tv in new york drop the balll...I have some vague memories of that...more I remember the feelings of new years when your a kid...It really isn't much of a holidays for youngsters....When I was growing up my parents never got a baby sitter when they went out...my brothers are four and six years older then me...so when I was eight Willie was 14, old enough I guess to be in charge...but whatever...

I remember being snuggled up on the couch in the dark watching the tv...everyone else off doing their own things and I had the house basically to myself...I heard some of my class mates where having a sleepover I didn't get invited to...another little thing to chip away at my soul...I watched the crowds of people on the TV having fun, hugging, and kissing...I probably cried at the show of all that emotion...I do remember thinking that someday I would have a New Years like that...but that year I was meant to spend it alone on the couch dreading the next day when I'ld have to hear about everyone else's fun new years...

This New Year turned out better than I thought...but I still missed out on the fun everybody else had...maybe next year'll be better...

No comments: