Thursday, June 28, 2007

Ode to Ms.Bridget....

She was picking at a tree…like a kitty playing coy…blood rushed my soul as I hid my desire to caress her…we shook hands and I couldn’t help but melt in her eyes…I quickly had to run away…said my goodbyes and hoped to see her again….

There I was dancing on my stoop in a wig, wearing a red dress and pearls….when I looked down and saw the face of an angel looking up at me…I thought to myself who is that beautiful girl looking up at me…that smile was so sweet and my heart jumped a beet…then I saw Chey and realized…there is that coy kitty…damn does she look amazing…I quickly tried to find a way to let them in and I wanted to jump off my stoop and spend the evening with her…she took all my attention the rest of that dance on the stoop….

The street party was ending so I left my stoop…at this point I was getting a bit drunk and enjoying myself in the party…I quickly found Chey to ask about his friend...trying not to seem too eager…then like a hot knife in my soul…he tells me she has a boyfriend… my kind heart doesn’t allow me to want to cause someone trouble in their relationship…but as I looked at her staring out the window…I couldn’t resist…There are few times in ones life when something so real just cant be ignored…you forget everything and go on instinct…so I flirted with her…and the coy cat that she is played along…our time was fleeting and the party began to wind down…I tried my best to keep her around without seeming too desperate…but at last when I went back to find her she had gone…

She left me with my feelings flying high and my heart racing…and the idea that I may never see her again…which had become a pattern in my life these days…So I tried to forget her…she had a boyfriend anyway, right…

Sunday morning my roommates wake me up and we go out to Pride downtown…I fought the urge to call Chey, pretending to invite them all to pride downtown when all I wanted was to see her again…I kept thinking about how right it felt to be standing next to her the night before…I also got embarrassed a bit remembering how drunk I was…gushing over her all night…I had to move on…she has a boyfriend….

So Monday night….it was like Before Sunrise…we went out for drinks…I will never thank Chey enough for third-wheeling it that night….our flirting game continued…her coyness kept me wanting and I fought hard not to look too deep into her eyes for fear of falling, melting, wanting, and letting my heart go and doing something you don’t do to a girl who has a boyfriend…can you feel my struggle here….then we took some pics with a piñata and when she kissed it a rush of jealousy and desire took me over…I soo wanted to be the one she was kissing…my soul struggled…

I will never forget the moment our eyes met…and I knew I couldn’t stop what I was feeling…and its all Cheys fault…we sat in a picture booth for some photos…Chey in the middle of us…the first three pics were very innocent, on the last…she looked into my eyes and teased me, my soul dove deep into her beautiful eyes…every nerve ending in my body tingled…a smile so true and deserved came over me…and I’m still smiling from that look…it was over…I had to have her….

We returned to Cheys house after last call…I don’t remember how or when…my soul was drunk with, as she puts it, 100 proof feelings…and we kissed…I so wanted her to be a good kisser…cuz you know how important that is…and now I dream of her sweet soft lips…the night kept going and I just wanted to stop time and be with her as long as I could…she had a plane to catch in the morning and our time together was very short…

I am very grateful for that night…I am very enamored with her…as you can tell…that morning was so hard to say goodbye…I could tell she was struggling with it all too…she is in a 7 year relationship with talks of marriage…no small thing…I couldn’t help but wonder if I was just a vacation boy toy…

Well she’s thousands of miles away now…and as she tells me about her boy my soul struggles from telling her to destroy that bond she has and be with me or helping her mend a bad relationship for loves sake…I am a disciple of love growing it wherever it can be found…and I don’t want to be her mistake…

There are times in your life…they are very rare…when you know….I just cant let her go…I have to take the chance….

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Realizing you always pick the crazy chicks. :(

Unknown said...

the crazy bithces pick me...funny thing is i became her mistake anyway...but i dont regret taking the chance