Tuesday, October 03, 2006

What would be in my IPOD if I had one:


About five years ago technology changed and I began my Mp3 collection – my first musical obsession became retro pop music cuz that was the only good music available to download other than the days pop shit – as more shit became available, I went on to explore and download everything – I spent hours of insomniac nights downloading -

So about six months ago - five years later of downloading music - I had a nice collection of music – Six months ago my computer crashed and I lost it all.

Now I have no idea what music I like best - but I guess If I had to make a list here are my top artists in no order – cuz there’s a song for every mood and type of music for every moment these are just some that you should know about:

1. Ozomatli – B-Side Players – Manu Chao - Orishas
2. NOFX -Citizen Fish - LagwagonGuttermouth – Pennywise (all pre 1996 cpt NOFX)
3. Bad Brains - The Germs - The Circle Jerks - Dead Kennedys - The Misfits - Descendents - Minor Threat
4. Thelonious Monk - Bud Powell - Horace Silver - Herbie Hancock

5. Anthrax Megadeth – Slayer - Pantera - Suicidal Tendencies
6. João & Bebel Gilberto - Poncho Sanchez - Tito Puente - Buena Vista SC -
7. Billie Holiday - Sarah Vaughan – Nina Simone
8. Jimi Hendrix - Stevie Ray Vaughan

9. Medeski, Martin, & Wood - Galactic - G. Love & Special Sauce - Ben Harper - Charlie Hunter - John Scofield
10. MC Solaar – Madlib – Camp Lo – Guru – Thievery Corporation – Digable Planets -
11. Al Green – Curtis Mayfield – Stevie Wonder – Sam Cooke – Maze – Marvin Gaye – Musiq -
12. N.W.A. – Too Short – E-40 – DJ Quick – Run DMC - Public Enemy – Basehead – The Roots – The Pharcyde – OutKast -
13. –
India Arie- Erykuh Badu – D’Angelo – Alicia Keys – Maxwell – Jill Scott
14. Willie Nelson – Merle haggard – Hank Williams – Buck Owens - Carl Perkins – Gene Vincent – Johnny Cash
15. Buddy Guy – John Lee Hooker – Ron Levy – Muddy Waters – T-Bone
Walker – Big Daddy Kinsey
16. Jewel – Lisa Loeb – Fiona Apple – Julieta Venegas - Elliot Smith – Julie Doiron – Pedro the Lion – Rocky Votolato

Picture stolen from www.sofiveminutesago.org/

No comments: