Tuesday, October 17, 2006

"Endurance is more important than truth." - C.B.

OK So absolutely nothing happened Saturday - except for a little excessive excess - and a chat with an ex - Sorry it's late and I cant sleep so the tragedy of my mild case of logorrhea is spilling onto this post -

I had no idea what I was in for when I woke up Saturday morning - A friend called me early around 8AM - I had just fallen asleep a few hours earlier - I eventually got out of bed to hear a message that a couple of friends are in town and they are having some beers at Oktoberfest in Fort Mason - I haven't seen either one in a long time - I was happy to see old friends but apprehensive because these friends are professional drinkers - They have that special talent of Endurance -

So I headed out to meet them - the trains were not running this morning - unfortunately someone tragically decided this life wasn't worth it and stepped in front of a K train at church station - So I walked a bit more than I wanted to and on my walk I bumped into my cousin Juan on the sidewalk - Such a small town I live in - we chat and decide to meet up later that night - I then take a cab to Van Ness and hop onto the 49 to Fort Mason -

Fort Mason is the last stop for the 49 and as the other Passengers and I are getting off the driver says "Bye cupcake" to a man in front of me - the man takes a couple steps away from the buss then realizes what was said turns around and starts yelling back at the driver challenging him to step outside - The driver stopped the buss and stood up as if to take the passengers challenge to fight - but he than sat down closed the door and drove away - the passenger stormed away swearing into the air - It was then I turned around and realized the cool view of Alcatraz so I got a picture –

It was about 3pm when I arrived at Fort Mason a bit tired from Friday night’s excursions but I had no idea it wouldn’t be ‘till around 3am Monday that I would finally get some rest…

No comments: