Sunday, September 14, 2008

"There is no truth there is only perception" Gustave Flaubert

That room doesn’t look so good anymore…I am against this brick wall…but as I stand up to face it…I realize I am the brick wall…and it has disappeared…but I don’t like what I see in front of me…I see the inside of this room and its full of vises…even if I enter it there is so much to do…I don’t see happiness is a luxury I will have in my life anytime soon…I see storms coming…I see lots of bad habits…I am out in the vast ocean alone, out in search of the perfect wave…and the conditions are bad…the sun is high but I know someday it will set…I have nothing to hold onto no truth no safety no guarantee…even faith doesn’t tell me things will be anything other than sufferable…I have no other choice but to accept the world as it is…accept the room is a mess, accept the ocean is angry…accept and know I have no power to change those things…I can only control myself…and it is not my responsibility to fix the world…I see so much to do…and I know it will take a long time to do it all…my life is this room…my life is this ocean...every wipeout, every cluttered corner, every struggle is my life…my life I have no control over…but as it is the one I am living it is myself that will live it…as it is now and as it will be tomorrow or next year…my responsibility is to myself…to be the best I can be and live this life as it comes…maybe someday the ocean will calm, the room will be cleaned and happiness will fall over me…but for now this is the way things are…so I accept it…I choose to surf this ocean…I choose to enter this room…Most importantly, I choose to stop moping about it and just live it…at least I will try…

No comments: