Tuesday, August 07, 2012

eat a Hamburger...

And here I am.....one thing about hostels is that you get zero privacy....so no time or space to relieve the pressure....needless to say I am on edge....I even went out looking for a trendy club the other  night with the idea of picking up some  tourist tramp....but then the rains came and sensability came with it....I always feel bad after one of those....I am trying not to keep repeating mistakes....I've done very well.....
But I am still very charged...I am wandering around Hamburg today...that is right Hamburg...why did I come to Hamburg? You might ask...well...why does anyone come to Hamburg?...that is why I came...to answer that question....
the answer is to shop...it is a convenient  stop inbetween cities to do that....
i went out last night....met some guy at my hostel and hit the bars with him...a very talkative guy....Canadian...he was a good companion...
it was Monday night so the bars where quiet....but we managed to find a good spot.......the bar was in the red light district, most of Hamburg night life happens in that area apparently....and it was packed with tourists, the only people going out on a Monday night....
i usually stay to myself when out. maybe talk to the tenders or someone sitting at the bar next to me...i don't pick up on girls, usually i just try to make fiends....but last night i met someone extraordinarily beautiful...
i could tell this girl was different....she stood next to me at the bar ordering drinks for herself and her  two companions....i made a comment about something trying to open a dialogue with her, she was friendly but she wasn't interested in talking to a annoying drunk tourist out to party, who she expected i was....she lived in the next town over and was just killing time waiting for her train.....she went to her friends and i took my leave....I went back to my group, got bored  then walked around the dancing kids...but then instinct took over...i was walking through the crowd and saw her where i left her, in the quiet corner standing with her friends at a high top....and i was overcome, i walked hurriedly to her and exalted  a huge hello as if we were long time friends, it surprised her, i was surprised by it too...she looked at me, eyes wide open, i smiled and realised how strange that was and turned....i liked the spot she chose....by the door at the corner of the bar parallel to the tenders where you can see people ordering drinks and view the dance floor....
so i stayed there observing the crowd, next to her, i felt comfortable next to her...a few moments passed and then she said something to me....and from there we talked.....it was a very brief talk, she had a train to catch....but i enjoyed every word of it....
in the end though nothing will come of it, i gave her my info but i doubt i will hear from her......i will never see her again....i am happy for those brief moments at the bar...

No comments: