Saturday, February 12, 2011

So I wait, in trepidation…

I keep forgetting it’s the Asshole that wins the girl…it’s the nice guy that’s there for you when you need him that gets shit on….the Asshole that plays the games keeps her stringing along….the nice guy who is too honest for those childish ways losses her interest…

I need to learn how to be an Asshole, maybe I should hang out in the marina and take lessons…cuz someday I am going to meet a girl I don’t want to lose, and she is going to need me to treat her like shit…is that really true?

I am a hopeless romantic…I enjoy being in love, I enjoy the process of it all, the buying flowers, going on dates, teasing back and forth…but I have put my heart out there so many times just to have it fucked over, used, and misunderstood, that I can no longer trust Love, I can no longer just fall in love as hard and fast as I once did…My heart hides deep underneath layers of scar tissue built up from years of heart break….

I am afraid of doing all the wrong things, of being too nice, of being too easy, wondering if it’s just the Love she’s interested in and not in who I am…and my heart will not go out on a limb to find out…I am a Zombie, again…

(pause, breath)

I am a Zombie…but like the frog waiting to be kissed by its princess, Inside the Zombie is Loves Greatest Champion…and when that moment comes….

Behold, Loves Greatest Champion! As such I must hold truth that this nice guy will find his girl, that this Man will find his Women….that someone will understand my heart and know how delicate it is, how wonderful it is and how lucky she is my Soul let her see it…to know I am a Man and that no Asshole has the
gallantry, integrity, or passion to overcome any challenge as I can with her Love as my strength…

No comments: