Friday, April 06, 2012

today could be the most important day of my life....

I am ok. Took a sleeping pill last night...those things always leave me feeling a bit down the next day...but I am going to get some sun, have a good breakfast, and drink some strong coffee....i messaged a girl yesterday whom for some reason I have been very nervous to do so...something in her eyes that calls to me. It went strangely well, she must be a very nice person. I have lots to do today, most importantly is get a haircut, and unfortunately my regular barber of the last 6 years is out of town for a month...I am screwed, my hair is tricky and not just anybody can cut it...I am afraid to go to some salon and get the newbie scrub cuz I am a walkin and they are going to not know how to handle my hair and fuck it all up....this always happens...Let's hope I get lucky huh....maybe I should shave it all off and go bald....no....

Here is a novel idea--- what if food was free...this feels like a Swedish idea  - but what if the people through taxes and subsidies created free food for everyone....you go to the grocery store and you pick what you want and go...someone scans it, some one bags it, but you owe nothing...it is free, the gov pays producers to produce it, pays distributors to distribute it, and retailers to offer it...then everyone can eat...for free, no local starvation...but you can still eat out...the cost of food is zero so everything will be cheaper, but you still pay for the service and experience and the chef...you can go to grocery stores that have shoppers and you give them a list and they bring back what you want and you pay for that a premium, so there still is classicism and small businesses making money, you will still have organic or specialty farms that produce higher end foods at a cost too so some food producers will will be better than others and therefor be aloud to charge more...but when the base cost is zero for something, the premiums are not going to get very high...table wine would be free...Chateau Lafite still $500 a bottle...but Mondavi Cab would be $8 a bottle...

In truth this already happens...farmers are gov subsidized already...the idea is to expand it more and drive food costs all the way down...so everyone can eat...anyway....now I am hungry...bye

No comments: